Though I struggle to hide my excitement for the coming seasonal changes, I must remember (as I nearly never do) to be present. It's still summer, you know.
All of the seasons offer a chance to breath in deeply the essential offerings they bring. Might this be said of the seasons of the year as the stages of life, as well?
Julia would scold me for reminding her of the fleeting season, but now and again I catch myself looking forward to the autumn. This is okay, in morderation! I have learned that it's good to appreciate the future when the future arrives, otherwise our future floats, stared-at and overhead while time passes by unnoticed and unused.
So, here is a list of basic things you might consider doing soon:
- plan your last beach trip (be sure to swim! A little water will do you well.)
- while your at it, pack up a picnic, complete with blanket, summer salads, and company.
- Observe nature. Many birds and insects thrive in summer, consider those!
- go on a bike ride (though, this doesn't have to stop after summer.)
- read. Cram in your final book of summer reading! (...not just for men.)
- Observe the stars. Bid these guys farewell.
- Shorts. Wear them before they are no longer needed.
- Eat. Many of the best foods will be slowly showing up as we drift into September!